Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Beginning

Then is now! This is that! These mottos contain an inherent paradox. Yet it is in the bridging of the chasm between now and then that what was initially incomprehensible is discovered. The title for my blog is James Wm. McClendon Jr.'s "baptist vision." This is a hermeneutical strategy for interpreting our own experience in light of the biblical story. This vision proposes a way to see our lives that can provide meaning where before only a clouded gap appeared.

I've been quite hesitant to begin blogging as Leighton can attest to. I suspect that he will not quite believe that I have actually posted my first post. I will not dwell on my suspicions about the whole blogging enterprise, for I have now entered the fray as one more... Yet this beginning here and now has a particular impetus. I'm about to begin a short journey which I hope to share with you through pictures and reflections.

5 comments:

Paul said...

Hey Doug, its good to see you join the blogging world! I will be spying on your thoughts often, one thing for my link you have to many http// added thus it doesn't work lol ;) maybe its not a mistake, in which case just leave it :)

Unknown said...

Doug, I am very excited to see you join the masses and start blogging. I can't wait to see what you have to say and look at some sweet pics

Sheryl said...

This is great, Doug! Now we can all experience your life vicariously... ha ha. I look forward to seeing lots of pictures of your trip!

Anonymous said...

Doug, we haven't met but I was searching on my domain www.thenisnow.com and your blog came up. Interesting site... I am very pleased to see that there are people like yourself who appreciate the coen ThenIsNow. SO, I just put up some older content on that site, which is my attempt at the logical proof of life after death. Anyway, if you get a chance keep me posted on your progress...

Anonymous said...

Doug, just realized my previous post was anonymous. Anyway, this is Peter, mailto:peter@thenisnow.com